This session, moderated by Captain David Baisden, will be a town hall meeting format. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions which will be addressed by the expert panelists.
In this 90-minute session, the panelists will cover topics such as active shooter incidents, arming teachers and staff, alternatives to lockdown, actions being taken by educational institutions and law enforcement to reduce the risk of violence on campus, federal and state mandates regarding campus safety, and best practices on how to prepare students, staff and faculty to deal with today's new reality.
Discussion topics will include:
- Levels of Force - Your options & when to use them
- Physical Security – Getting access under control
- Behavioral Analysis/Threat & Risk Assessment - Your role in awareness & reporting
- Social Media – A Friend or Foe?
- Training – Who, What, Where, When, Why and How