The Sweet Sound of Freedom and Liberty Coming to GovSec West and CPM West
As an American, I cherish the 4th of July as a time to truly be thankful for all the hardships, terror and sacrifices that our forefathers endured and our troops continue to endure…all in the name of liberty and freedom! It all started on July 4, 1776 when the United States adopted the Declaration of Independence, freeing “us” from the control of Great Britain; and well, I guess we can say the rest is history.
Each July 4th, fireworks, parades, barbecues, picnics, concerts, baseball games, and family reunions all help to commemorate and remember our eclectic American heritage all under one flag, The Star Spangled Banner.
In 1814, Francis Scott Key brought our red, white and blue flag to life by creating the lyrics of our National Anthem, also known as The Star Spangled Banner. With the early dawn of light and gleaming twilight, our broad stripes and bright stars sustained a night filled with perilous fighting of rockets glaring red and bombs bursting in the air over the land of the free and the home of the brave. And, ever since, we, the United States, America have stood proud.
Since 1814, many sweet voices, ranging from young to old, have sung these treasured lyrics, and in November 2013 at GovSec West & CPM West, you too will have the opportunity to witness our flag brought to life with song while honoring our military.
Teaming with GovSec West & CPM West, Holly Tucker, one of NBC’s The Voice Top 6 contestants from Season Four, and U.S. Navy SEAL Mark Donald will host a CD and book signing event. The net proceeds of all the sales will go to the Boot Campaign
, a 501(c)(3) charity that provides funds for military programs that serve the physical and emotional needs of our heroes by providing job placement, mortgage-free homes, PTSD counseling, adaptive clothing and so much more.
Please mark your calendars for November 19, 2013 from 10:00am to 2:30pm, and join us in the Exhibit Hall to show your gratitude for our nation’s military heroes.
Oh, and while you’re celebrating the 4th of July in a couple of days, take the time to pause and listen to our national anthem…soak up the words and their meanings…and open your heart to the past, present and future of “our” wonderful country, America.
Fun Facts about Holly
- Holly is a full-time student at Baylor University where she plays the saxophone in the marching band.
- Holly has been singing since she was 3 years old.
- In addition to the saxophone, Holly also plays the guitar and piano.
- 2013 – Holly auditioned and made it to the Top 6 on NBC’s The Voice
- 2012 – Holly won “D&D’s Got Talent,” a Northeast Tarrant Chamber of Commerce competition.
- 2012 – Holly won the pre-American Idol competition, Central Texas Idol, in Waco, hosted by Fox 44.
- 2011 – Music Association of Central Texas voted Holly as the Solo/Duo Act of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year at their annual Groovy Awards Show in Waco, Texas.
- 2011 – Holly won the John Ritter Memorial Tribute Showcase of the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame in Carthage, Texas.
Posted by Ginger Hill