Shayne P. Bates
CPP, CCSK, CHS-V, FABCHS
Director, Security Cloud Strategy
LMC Consulting - Microsoft Global Security
The 2015 worldwide cloud security market is predicted at $3.1B in recurring revenue. Learn what the cloud market for security looks like, and its various categories. Why are security practitioners adopting the cloud and how are they gaining financial support to do so? Understand why not all cloud is "public", and the various business and technical security controls that are utilized to manage enterprise risk in the cloud. This lecture will also define the cloud types and cite specific use cases, and opportunities for end users and technology innovators alike.
A must attend session for anyone interested in understanding and adopting a comprehensive cloud strategy.
- The five significant security cloud functions
- Revenue spread among functions
- Why are organizations adopting security functions as a service
- Making the case. How successful CSO's gain support of their leadership for new initiatives
- What are the key security functions that are suited to the cloud
- The Public cloud alternative and why it is popular
- Participants will understand which security cloud functions are popular and why end users are adopting them.
- Participants will understand the approach that successful organizations use to gain support for cloud projects and how to add value.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between cloud types and understand the key selection choices